Pages

Saturday 25 June 2011

The beautiful early morning scenery of SHILLONG


hi everybody,
It was around 6 am. I was sitting on the bench enjoying the view of the waking sun. The bench sits atop a circular and elevated base made of concrete and stone beside the guest house of Lyndhurst Estate, Shillong.  A gentle, cool breeze was blowing as if it is welcoming  the precious golden 24 hours that God gives us everyday. The tall and domineering conifers trees surround the bench just like the black cat commando protect VIPs. The pristine, lush green and domineering khasi hills with all its grandeur lay quietly just like a gentle slumbering giant. The Mother Nature has distributed its fruit lavishly amongst the human but it is the failure of we the human who have forgotten the magnanimity of the nature.  The view that I had that day been simply indescribable. How can happiness be described? We can feel happiness but it is not possible to put in word the meaning of happiness. In the same way it is not possible to describe the view that I had that day. The domineering Khasi hill seems like the parents who forgive the mistake of the ignorant child. The humans are cutting trees, destroying the greenery, exploiting the nature to build houses, offices. But as the understanding parents forgive the wrongdoings of their children the Khasi hills are showing the same nobility. On the other hand the combination of differently hued buildings, the varied size and shape of building and the grand khasi hills only add to the beauty and serenity of the place. On the right side a silhouette of the hills can be seen blanketed by the fog.  It reminds me of the time when I was little kid. My parents would wake me up but I pretend not to listen to them and continue to sleep. Similarly the sun is trying to wake up the sleepy hills but the hills simply dreams on being blanketed by the fog. The birds are chirping nonstop. I think to myself whether they are practising for a grand orchestra performance as there chirping sound melodious. Or whether they are offering their paeans to god for creating such a wonderful home called earth. I don’t know. I really don’t know.
Suddenly I was called by the cook to have my breakfast. I had to leave the beautiful scenery as I have to go to work. Goodbye for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment